[AT] Pricing BN Parts

Ben Wagner supera1948 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 21 08:02:51 PDT 2010

Hello,

I have listed some 1945 Farmall BN engine parts on some classified ad
services, YTMAG and SSB in particular.  The parts came with the 1945
Farmall A that I purchased a couple months ago.  I cleaned them up, and
have decided to sell them to pay for the tractor.

I have gotten a response that my prices are way out of the ballpark.
The question then is what are the proper prices for the following good
clean, but used, parts:  The prices are what I am currently asking.

Cylinder Head with valves, springs, retainers. All valves loose, but not
lapped. I asked $700.

Manifold- Very sound, no cracks or leaks, no exhaust pipe. for which I
asked $175

Valve Rocker assembly- No rust. $550

Oil Pan- Dents in bottom. Complete w/ hex drain plug and petcocks. No
rust in pan. $100

Camshaft w/ gear- Includes thrust plate. $400

Camshaft- $275

Camshaft thrust plate- $30

(8) Valve tappets- 4 have rust and minor pitting on the face, the rest
are clean and ready to install. $15/ apiece or $100/ all.

Oil filter cover- 1945 B style, still has remains of original paint,
rust pitting on rear. $100

(9) Head Studs- $15/ apiece or $100/ all

BTW, where would you sell parts like this?  I have listed them on the
ATIS ad service, YTMAG, SSB tractor, and Tractorforum.com.

Thanks,
Ben Wagner