[AT] Identify Loader/Value

Gunnells, Bradley R brad-gunnells at uiowa.edu
Mon Jun 21 07:43:57 PDT 2010

My dad has acquired this Allis WD-45 (1953 or 54) in trade for some work on another WD-45. One of the things is to swap the wide front from this tractor with the narrow on the other as the owner wants the wide front on his.

http://www.southslope.net/~gunnells/allis/index.html

We can't find any tags on the loader and wondering if it's possible to tell who may have made it by looking (Dad thinks the loader on the other WD-45 is a New Idea). Also since we have a skid loader and a John Deere 2640 with loader we're not too sure if we want to keep the loader. Is there any market for these? It's in as good of shape as I've seen for the age but not sure if anyone would be looking for such things and if so what might be a fair price?

Thanks for any thoughts.

Brad

PS I was going to take pictures of the power steering to see if anyone knew if it was Allis, Char-Lyne, etc. but I forgot. Maybe I'll get over there later and get some more pictures.