[AT] Mower deck treatment

Dick Day ddss at telebeep.com
Sat Jun 19 19:47:19 PDT 2010

Does anyone do anything special to keep grass from sticking to the under side of their mower decks?  Out here, where the soil is very sandy, the wet grass clippings mix with loose sand and form an almost concrete-like material that builds up on the mower if you don't keep the underside 100% clean after each use.

In the past, I've tried painting Slip-plate on the deck under-side.  Even that did not help.

My wife's new John Deere X304, even with a newly painted deck, allows grass to build up if it's not cleaned after every use.  It has a power-wash adapter on the deck but all that does is get the under-side wet and removes very little grass.  Since the deck is not heavy, I remove it from the mower after each use and power-wash it.  There's got to be a better way.

The link below is for a Teflon product called Clean Machine designed just for this. Ever heard of it?

http://www.sears.com:80/shc/s/p_10153_12605_07133977000P?blockNo=1&blockType=G1&prdNo=1

 Thanks

Dick Day