[Farmall] Hydraulic line for 340U?

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Sat Jun 5 05:58:12 PDT 2010

This is a very common problem for the 240 and 340 (as well as other
tractors with hard lines running under the seat). On my 340, the leak
was near the "manifold" block at the very back, but on others the tubing
itself was split.
<http://public.fotki.com/mikesloane/farmall_340/340_hydro3.html>

While you may be able to locate a replacement assembly, you will have
little assurance that it won't be as bad or worse than the one you have.
I have seen examples where others have cut back the line away from the
split, welded/brazed regular hydraulic fittings, and used rubber
hydraulic hose to join the gap. Frankly, I think that would be your best
bet, even if it isn't as pretty as the original.

Mike