[AT] MF 255 Tractor

Edchainsaw at aol.com Edchainsaw at aol.com
Sat Jun 5 05:13:34 PDT 2010

as i have said many times before  :  I grew up at the Massey
Dealership--have driven about every massey you could  drive (or its next of  kin)  -- we
didn't own the dealership but it was where we went 2 or 3 times  a week  all
year round (Dad's  hangout)

the weekness  are the power steering  and the loader will   exasporate
it...
the Multi-Power  was not that big of a problem on those tractors -- if  the
 PO's  did not let it slip when shifting by this I mean   SHIFT THE LEAVER!
 get it in LOW or HIGH  and not halfway in  between...  of all the Massey's
we've owned  only 1 had a multi power  go out and   it was from cuttings
from  rearend bearings that had  went out--  1 quit do to an oring  installed
backward at the  factory  this one didn't go bad  it just leaked all the oil
out one  night.

the other weak area I know of is the front spindles/wheels they are kinda
light.
DoNOT  put  to much weight on the rearend   ie let it  slip /use the
FERGUSONsystem  for what its suppose to do...that is  the draft control.

they are not perfect machines by any means!

In a message dated 6/4/2010 12:08:25 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,