[AT] MF 255 Tractor

Len Rugen rugenl at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 3 19:34:09 PDT 2010

I bought one 5-6 years ago w/ 1500 hours, it's up to 2400 now.  I have
the later model with the 236 Perkins, which I think is a better engine
than the first one.  I have the plain 2x4 trans.  It easily pulls 3 16"
plows, but doesn't like my 7 shank chisel plow, I have to run it on the
draft control, not on the depth wheels.  I don't have loaded tires, it
tends to loose traction before it loses power.

Some common problems... power steering, the Multi-Power transmission
option, PTO "brake" gets worn out, need to stop engine sometimes to
connect PTO.

It's condition probably determines it's value, I paid $8K for mine and
best guess is it's still worth about that.  It was close to needing
tires when I got it, now it has 3 new ones :-)