[Farmall] Coil On Super M

E. John Puckett ejpuckett at centurytel.net
Thu Jun 3 10:44:32 PDT 2010

All of the coils I have seen were higher resistance than the measured
resistance of the coil.   The reason for that is that as the engine runs
the magnetic filed rapidly building and collapsing in the coil every
time a spark plug fires causes reverse EMF (actually a fancy way of
saying the coil tries to send electricity backward into the supply),
which makes it the same as if the coil actually has a higher resistance
when running.