[Farmall] Coil On Super M

szabelsk at gdls.com szabelsk at gdls.com
Thu Jun 3 06:38:47 PDT 2010

The resistor is supposed to drop the voltage from 12V to 6V. In order for
this to happen, the resistor needs to be in series with the coil. Sounds
like yours may be in parallel with the coil since you are reading 12V at
the coil. Double check how you have the resistor and coil wired together.

What it should be:

            Resistor    Coil
12V  - - - - -^^^^^^- - - - -()()()()()()- - - - -Ground
             6V                6V

What you may have:

                   Resistor
              I                  12V                           I
              I                                                         I
              I                 Coil                      I
                12V

Carl Szabelski

This is an e-mail from General Dynamics Land Systems. It is for the intended recipient only and may contain confidential and privileged information.  No one else may read, print, store, copy, forward or act in reliance on it or its attachments.  If you are not the intended recipient, please return this message to the sender and delete the message and any attachments from your computer. Your cooperation is appreciated.