[AJD] Dinner at the Back Forty

Dean Vinson dean at vinsonfarm.net
Fri Jul 30 15:35:11 PDT 2010

Ah, sorry about that.  Portland refers to the Tri-State Gas Engine and
Tractor Show held August 25th-29th (and same general time every year) in
Portland, Indiana.  Couple thousand stationary engines, several hundred
tractors, acres of swapmeet vendors, assorted farming type demonstrations.
It's the more-or-less official northeastern US gathering spot for a bunch of
engine and tractor list folks.  Dave Rotigel orchestrates a dinner on
Thursday night during the show week, up at the Back 40 in Decatur, which is
30 or 40 minutes north of Portland, and so has been collecting a head-count
of those who plan to attend.

It's a heck of a show, if you're ever in this part of the country.  And the
food and fun at the Back 40 is mighty good.

Dean