[AT] USA in Color: 1939-1943

Larry Goss rlgoss at insightbb.com
Thu Jul 29 08:53:08 PDT 2010

There's just "something" about old Kodachrome.  It's because of the narrow film latitude and the color balance.  My grandmother started taking color slides in 1940, so my cousins and I have an historical collection that dates from this same era. If any of you have similarly-aged slides, do what you have to to get high-resolution scans of them while they are still in good condition.  With time, some of the film layers can crystalize and disappear.  The whole time I was viewing this collection, the lyrics of a popular song kept running through my head, "Mama don't take my Kodachromes awa-a-a-ay"

Larry