[AT] diesel fuel

charlie hill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Sat Jul 24 11:51:38 PDT 2010

Joe,  sometimes it gets a black gunk fungus in it that stops stuff up and if
it's really old it turns dark but I suspect even 10 year old fuel would burn
in your 6000.  Maybe not in a new, computerized vehicle.  I was given about
200 gals a few years ago that had been stored in a tank inside a building
for close to 20 years.  It was a dark amber color (it was old enough that it
wasn't dyed for non-highway) and it smelled a bit strange.  I dipped a rag
in it and set the rag on fire.  It burned fine.  I put it in my furnace and
burned every drop of it with no problem at all.  I know that's not the same
as an engine but if you think about it the furnace doesn't have any
compression to help it fire.

Charlie