[Farmall] New Archives Webpage

Guy Fay fayguyma at execpc.com
Tue Jul 20 19:21:24 PDT 2010

Yes, there is funding from the McCormicks, an endowment for the archivist
position. Navistar funding supports two grad students half time who do
reference requests and some cataloging, but mainly reference requests, over
2,200 a year. IH Collector's Club is currently funding more part time
students who are scanning photos, magazines, and other, materials. They also
mount the stuff on the web (about one minute of scanning takes at least ten
minutes to mount, then there's time to pull the stuff out of the collection
and put it back, etc.) We also are starting to help with a building (not us
alone)for the artifacts at Cassville.

Is it enough? We're only starting to scratch the surface. One dream would be
to endow another position instead of retraining folks every couple of years
as the college students graduate.