[Farmall] Sta-Bil

Tommy Wilson t17wilson at comcast.net
Sun Jul 18 18:26:46 PDT 2010

No Barney, all gas does not have ethanol in it. At least, not yet,
but you can bet it's coming thanks to your Federal Government. I
won't get into the details, but all refiners are mandated to "use" a
percentage of their production as "renewable" fuel. Basically you
either have to use ethanol to get the "RINS" or buy them from other
refiners that have surplus. The economics are now driving everyone to
add ethanol to their gas but not everyone has begun yet. I work for
ExxonMobil and there are very few places left where we don't offer
E-10. On the East Coast only some stations in Charlotte, NC and
vicinity are ethanol free. As for the station pump labelling, it
depends on the state. Some states require the "Contains 10% Ethanol"
label and some only require a label stating "May contain 10%
Ethanol". It does play havoc with your old fiberglass tanks and
reduces fuel mileage but.....  Oh, and by the way, look for an
increase to 15% ethanol next!