[Farmall] International A shifting lever problems

Barney Van De Weert bbvande at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 11 05:32:10 PDT 2010

I agree w/ Jim, the shifter is pretty much rectangular w/ the corners rounded
slightly. you want the tab fully in the rail until the shifting fork is in
neutral. When they are sloppy the shifter slips out of the rail before the ball
is seated in the detent on the shifting fork causing the transmission to still
be in gear when the shift lever in in the neutral slot. So squaring up and
adding some length to the end of the shift lever should solve the problem, or at
least be the place to start.
 Barney Van De Weert
3828 Heartwood St
Uniontown OH 44685