[Farmall] cub j4 magneto should now crank easy with the starter

WALTER AVERY waltavery at embarqmail.com
Fri Jul 9 14:34:05 PDT 2010

Murphy's Law Part II
i removed the mag and coil to inspect and found it jamming and saw some metal particles inside and attached to the magnet. i dont remember dropping anything inside but perhaps a split lockwasher piece fell as i found one that holds the coil in was broken. i checked static timing with the pulley before i removed the mag and it was off 1 1/2 " from mark. i assume i am in trouble, how to remove particles of metal to stop further damage?