[Farmall] Farmall H Carburator Adjustment

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Thu Jul 8 09:28:12 PDT 2010

The three screws are "low idle speed", "low speed mixture", "high speed
mixture". The low idle speed screw pushes against the throttle (and can
be seen to do that looking at the carburetor carefully), and cranking it
in will be one cause of the engine running only at high speed. The other
two should be turned all the way in (gently), and then backed off about
a turn for the initial setting, then adjusted for best running.

The other typical reason for only running at high speed is usually a
stuck/binding governor linkage. But you could also have problems with
governor itself (although not as likely).

If you don't have one, I again suggest to all IH tractor owners that
they go to the Binder Books website (www.binderbooks.com) and order an
owner's and/or a service manual. The manuals are excellent and the
quality of their reproductions is as good as the original (unlike some
other vendors' offerings).

Mike