[AT] O.T. 7.3L Ford Diesel

Paul Waugh pwaugh at embarqmail.com
Thu Jan 7 06:48:24 PST 2010

I bought it used at 100,000, by 200,000 I had it figured that a shade tree
mechanic was PO. Body was great, but lots of cobbled up stuff under the
hood.  Engine shot at 200,000. I had Ford put in a rebuilt engine. So I have
480,000 on this engine and just did the first maintance (2 injectors).
Running whatever automatic transmission they use. First one made 350,000
even with PO. Ford put in rebuilt transmission, and still going strong.  My
body is holding up well, I have stone chips, but no rust. Oh the 1000's of
salted mile roads I have run. I ran though car wash one every 7-10 days
during salt season.  I know of 3 'pullers' using the same dealer I do. One
has the 800,000 plus (that was 9 months ago), original engine. This guy has
already bought he second truck for back up, 2001 F350, 7.3. The second guy
had 713,00, original engine.  They do have a farmer at this dealer, with a
99 -7.3 that has over 1,000,000 miles on it, original engine, but he does
not work it hard like the pullers do.  Seems though conversation on
transmission centers around 400-500,000 miles pulling RV's.

Paul-46555