[AT] Corn Picking and storage.

Indiana Robinson robinson46176 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 31 10:32:31 PST 2010

On Sun, Jan 31, 2010 at 8:44 AM, CEE VILL <cvee60 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Good Sunday Morning, Charlie Hill,
>
> Let me see if I can formulate a thought that even I can understand, let alone others. I am well aware of the high idle term in the tractor environment exactly as you described it.  In the car world however, as Ralph points out, high idle, fast idle, and cold idle have been commonly used to refer to the situation of the carburetor choke being at least partially applied for cold operation. The result being the cam plate on the carb is rotated to a higher step under the tip of the idle screw to increase RPM so the motor will stay running during warm up. This is now an electronic world, but we cut teeth on carbs.  Based on that, point of use language has one meaning one place, and another meaning in another environment. If I had to make a guess, I think cold idle woud be the most correct in the car world.  Again, point of use, these terms have been changed intermittantly during my experience.
>
>  I found it necessary to open a new channel in my own thinking of high idle when I first encountered it in tractor reference some years back.
>
> Here is a goofy thought.  I guess if a tractor did not have a governor, we could still refer to wide open throttle as "high idle" if the engine was not under load.  I wonder how far the pieces would fly.
>
> Charlie V.

No, no, no... "High idle" is what Diana says I have become with this
#$%& knee problem...
;-)
-
I did actually carry some 20 gallon plastic totes to the basement for
her today. After the first half dozen it was carry two and take a
short break, carry two and take a short break... etc.
I was feeling pretty good until yesterday. I think I am done eating
over-easy eggs at Denny's...  :-)
I'm really felling pretty good today, the noise of all of that gasping
and wheezing at the top of the stairs just gets annoying. :-)
Before Christmas my feet and legs were swelling badly and my blood
pressure had started holding at above 175. I managed to do a 180 on my
dietary habits, declared war on salt in my diet (I never used a salt
shaker anyway). I got rid of the swelling and now my blood pressure is
holding below 120. I'm down 30 pounds from my maximum weight (but my
belt does not know it yet) and plan to keep pushing it down.
I will have good blood pressure, reasonable weight, good body strength
and will feel good. Then I will probably get hit by a truck...  :-)
:-)  :-)

--
Have you hugged your horses today?

Francis Robinson