[AT] OT I'm getting older are you? (Really O) corn sheller

Beal Gleason farmerbeal at aol.com
Sat Jan 30 17:10:14 PST 2010

In the early 50s we had a MM sheller mounted on Diamond T 2Ton truck.
IT had a 2 speed rear axel. We rigged a block on a hinge on the vacuum
shifter so we could flip over and block the axel from shifting into
high gear.                                     Then then we put a 2"
solid shaft in the drive line right behind the cab about 2'long
mounted on 2 pillow block  bearings with a pulley mounted between
them. Then we put a belt up to the pulley on the sheller with
tightener so that when we got ready to shell we could flip block over,
tighten the belt, shift the rear end into high an we were ready to go.
We had the pulleys sized so the engine ran about 40 miles / hour when
the seller was at operating speed.  When we were ready to hit the road
we loosened the belt, fliped the block and we were off.

WE shelled several thousand bu. corn over several years and it worked
great.

Farmerbeal