[AT] So, How do you Like Windows 7? (Off topic computer question)

Al Jones farmallsupera at earthlink.net
Sat Jan 30 07:58:18 PST 2010

I guess really it's too late to ask now.....at any rate, I bought myself a laptop last weekend.  My old desktop was giving trouble, I have just officially become an Ed.D. candidate in  agri. education at NCSU, and it seemed like a good time. I ended up with an HP G60-630US notebook.  I have never liked laptops. I use one in my classroom all the time and with these bricks for hands, it's hard to type with any sort of speed.  This one has a little bit larger keyboard, and a separate numeric keypad.  So so far, that part is working out pretty good.  I'm getting used to it anyway.

We're on dialup with no hope of high speed access anytime soon, so I got a little usb modem for it.  That seems to work good.

I like the "look" of windows 7.  The one thing I have noticied, this machine can't seem to cope too well with several windows of Internet Explorer open at one time.  I get a lot of "Windows Explorer has quit working and we are looking for a solution to the problem."  Then, that tab will close and re-open and all is well until it does it again.  I wonder if that has anything to do with the fact I am on dialup and it's just moving so slow that the computer thinks there's a problem?

One other thing. If I go to Google, and do an image search, none of the thumbnails will show--just little boxes with red x's in them.  If you click on the thumbnail the page opens normally.  What's up there??  Must be a setting somewhere that needs to be changed but I don't know what it is.....

I love the DVD player.  Finished watching "Inglourious Bastards" last night while checking email at the same time!  :)

Al