[AT] Spam> Re: So, How do you Like Windows 7? (Off topic computer question)

Don Bowen don.bowen at earthlink.net
Sat Jan 30 09:05:36 PST 2010

I bought this laptop last fall, a Dell with the full keyboard adn large
display.  It was just after Windows 7 came out.  So far it works OK with
no strange problems.  Reasonably fast though I am not sure how much it
is the Operating System and how much is the newer and much faster computer.

I have had very little experience with Vista and that was negative.  The
previous machine was five years old and ran XP.

As for browser, one of the first things I down loaded was Firefox.  No
problems with it.  I have a few add ones, the one I mostly use is Fire
FTP.  I have used Firefox for many years and it is well worth dumping IE
for Firefox.

My son recommends Chrome but so far I have found no real good reason for
switching.  IE is just so much free junk.  I have run into the situation
where some pages will only run on IE but those are few and far between.

For an email client I use Thunderbird.  With add ons it gives me most
things I want but no near where near what Eudora did even with the
Eudora extensions.

--
Don Bowen           KI6DIU