[AT] Now PDF Files

Larry Goss rlgoss at insightbb.com
Thu Jan 28 21:29:49 PST 2010

The bottom line is that absolutely FREE PDF files have been available in DOS and Windows for years.  It has been an "unadvertised feature" that has been buried in bowels of the system operating manuals.  What you're paying for (with all the various software titles) is a convenient user interface.  Somewhere along the line the amount of control that you demand of what you can do with the resulting file will determine whether you do it "cheap, fast, and dirty" or with some finesse.  If you have need for de-compiling PDF to revert to word processor, need  accurate OCR, etc, then the options for how you do that becomes very narrow.

Larry