[AT] Garden tractor???/Now RF hazard

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Tue Jan 26 09:46:44 PST 2010

I worked with a Bell Labs employee who was stationed for a while at the
company's installation on Kwajalein Atoll in the Marshall Islands. There
was a huge radar array that was used for detecting test missiles fired
at them by the US Navy. In front of the array was the island's little
golf course, and when the radar was being fired up for a test, they
would blow a siren in advance and everyone would leave the course
immediately. How much danger there was, nobody knew, but they weren't
taking any chances!

Mike