[AT] Garden tractor???/Now RF hazard

charliehill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Tue Jan 26 04:28:11 PST 2010

He's certainly doing something he shouldn't unless he's staying clear of the
area while the wood is cooking.

I've got a question for those that might know.  I used to mow the guy wire
lanes for some transmission towers for a local broadcast company.  There
were three towers.  One was a 100,000 Watt FM and the other two were 50,000
watt.   The two smaller ones had a chain link fence around the base of the
tower and the transmitter building with warning signs about RF danger and I
never went inside them.   The area was covered in rock and there was no need
to mow.  The big 100,000 watt station had a larger chain link and a much
larger transmitter building.  On that one I mowed inside and right up within
4 feet of the base of the transmitter.   I've always wondered how much RF
load I was getting and how much danger I was in while I was right around the
base of that tower.   Anyone got thoughts on that?

Charlie