[AT] Spam> RE: Odd rod on a WD Allis?

CEE VILL cvee60 at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 24 04:27:41 PST 2010

 Also learned to use older and weaker baling twine to
> attach the plow trip to the tractor seat.  The first time the plow was
> released in a wet spot, the trip rope from the released plow pulled the
> tractor seat as violently as fast, and the newbie operator was almost
> launched off the tractor when the rope broke.
>
> Chuck Bealke
> Dallas, TX

On our two bottom IH trip plow we would bend a piece of bailing wire double, then bend it to a hook shape and tie it to the end of the trip rope.  We hooked the wire hook into one of the holes in the seat on the old regular.  When the plow released from the tractor, the bailing wire would straighten out and allow the trip rope to unhook also.  Hook back up, rebend the hook in the bailing wire. and back to it.  The bailing wire would bend and straighten many times berofe breaking .  A new "hook" was not real expensive when needed.

Charlie V. in WNY