[AT] Test, sending at 7:26 pm. on Thursday, January 21st

drupert at seanet.com drupert at seanet.com
Sat Jan 23 23:53:12 PST 2010

> Well heres another test that I am sending out at 11:40 pm Sask. time. For
> those interested in the Charlynn "Kontrol King" steering add on I posted
> an
> ad from 1958 showing just what was available and how much it cost.
> http://www.atis.net/forums/showthread.php?216-Charlynn-Steering&p=1106#post1106
>
> Ralph in Sask.

>Ralph,

Those old ads that give prices are interesting or amusing ... or maybe
it's depressing.  That $99.95 Char Lynn Torque Generator in your' 1958 ad
lists for $396.84 in the 2004 Hydraulic Parts Components catalog from
Force America and $459 in the 2010 Farmall Parts Catalog from OEM Tractor
Parts.

Your' post reminded me of an old 1958 circular that I have entitled "Fall
and Winter Savings on Genuine IH Tractor and Implement Parts."  This is a
31 page circular that shows prices and was sent out from IH in Chicago to
what I would guess were IH customers or maybe to the dealers who would
then pass them out to customers.  A couple of examples:  A set of four
oversized (3-9/16ths) Aluminum Pistons for a Super H is $55.09.  This
includes Pistons, Rings, Sleeves and Pins.  Another example:  A re-ground
Crankshaft with new Rod and Main Bearings for the same tractor is $54.44.
And the notched Throttle Lever and saw-toothed Quadrant and spring for the
H and M's (which has been referred to in several posts in the past couple
of days) is $3.72.

I've often thought when I go to the local Case-IH dealer that I would take
this circular with me, lay it down on the Parts Counter and ask for
several of these items ... well, I don't see any expiration date anywhere
on the circular -

Dudley
Snohomish, Washington