[AT] Test, sending at 7:26 pm. on Thursday, January 21st

Indiana Robinson robinson46176 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 23 11:02:58 PST 2010

On Sat, Jan 23, 2010 at 1:18 PM, Herbert Metz <metz-h.b at mindspring.com> wrote:

> According to Google, the 1958 dollar was worth $7.40 in 2009.
> Paul, your $500 - $600 was closer than most people would have thought.
> Herb

===================================

On many farms that would have bought a very serviceable and often
badly needed second tractor.
Even in the mid 1960's I had a neighbor who was grain farming about
150 acres with one tractor. He also had only one wagon. It wore me out
watching him pick ear corn... He had to unhitch the wagon from the
picker first then unhitch the picker. He would go unload the wagon
then bring it to the field and re-hitch everything and go again.
At that time I had a nice 8N Ford on my 1 acre lot. :-) I sometimes
hauled it here to the farm just to put some use on it. I offered to
let him use it (he was a very good neighbor) but he didn't want to.
(shrug). He did finally buy a second tractor about 1973.

--
Have you hugged your horses today?

Francis Robinson
aka "farmer"