[AT] Another Question...

Ben Wagner ben at olde-books.com
Fri Jan 22 10:12:48 PST 2010

Hello,

I think I'll bother everyone again with another question.

How much play should be in my Farmall Super A's governor case between the
shaft from the throttle lever and the shaft from the carburetor?  I can
wiggle these two back and forth in opposite directions.  The reason I am
concerned is that my throttle, when pulled from idle to open, only moves the
carburetor throttle control from full open to full idle.  Nothing in
between.

I held the throttle shaft from the governor to the carb as I played with the
throttle lever at the seat.  The throttle lever moves from idle to open, but
it only engages the carb lever at full idle and full open.  The shafts are
tight, but there is a lot of play in the governor.

Is this a problem, or the way it is supposed to be?  I doubt this is the way
it is supposed to be.

Thanks,

Ben Wagner