[AT] Farmer's question about aftermarket goodies

Dean Vinson dean at vinsonfarm.net
Fri Jan 22 02:59:32 PST 2010

Hi Mike.   If the throttle on your H looks like that picture, it's
aftermarket rather than factory.  The original IH throttle levers are just
flat pieces of steel, with a tooth that engages a notched disk to hold
whatever throttle position you select.  Very common for the tooth to get
worn down so it doesn't hold well, so M&W and other companies made these
aftermarket friction-plate throttle levers as replacements.

I like the M&W version because it just somehow looks and feels right,
proportion-wise, and the heft of the lever feels better to me than the
flat-stock IH levers.  Aside from that, there's no real "advantage" to it
over any comparable after-market lever (you can still buy new aftermarket
levers at Tractor Supply).  I just like it.  :-)

Dean Vinson
Dayton, Ohio
www.vinsonfarm.net