[Farmall] More Magneto Woes

Ben Wagner ben at olde-books.com
Thu Jan 21 05:43:50 PST 2010

I was testing my mag both times with the sparkplug in the wire directly from
the coil.  Does that change the diagnosis?

And yes, the old coil cover was missing, so the old coil was a mess.  I
checked carefully for rust.  As for oil, the old coil was quite oily.  I
wiped the inside of the mag out, though.  It also seemed that the new coil
was much bigger than the old coil.  It fit fine, however.

BTW, I had to cut apart the old coil to get the core out to put in my new
coil.  Is that usually what happens?

I will be sure to replace the points and condenser.  That might help as it
is!

Thanks for your help,
Ben Wagner