[AT] More Magneto Woes

Ben Wagner ben at olde-books.com
Wed Jan 20 15:01:06 PST 2010

Hello,

I replaced the coil and coil cover on the IH H4 Magneto on my Farmall Super
A.  I finally got it together, and tested it.  I hooked a spark plug up,
with the tip of the plug next to my vise, and spun the mag.  I got a decent
blue spark, so I know the rascal worked then.

I was about to reinstall the mag, and I decided to test it once more.  I
have not seen a blue spark, and I am repeating the same procedure that I did
before.  I wondered if the spark plug was bad, so I pulled another plug and
tried it.  No spark, no nothing.

Is the condenser bad?  I did not replace it; maybe I should have done that
as it is.  I sure hope I did not destroy my new coil!

Thanks,

Ben Wagner