[AT] Off Topic Computer

Indiana Robinson robinson46176 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 08:46:51 PST 2010

On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 10:55 AM, Mike Meulenberg <msm10301 at juno.com> wrote:
> What browser are you using Charlie? I've had similar issues with Firefox recently. Sometimes when I close Firefox, and then try to re-open it, Firefox says its already running and won't open. The only thing I can do is Cntl-Alt-Del and manually kill firefox.exe, then it will start normally. Mike M

I love Firefox and have used it for some time. I was having a problem
after a Vista Update that would require a reboot. Firefox would not
shut down even with a manual kill through the task manager. When it
would jam I would open Opera browser and keep going. When that would
jam I would open Safari and run a while longer. It only did it on my
laptop which is basically configured the same as my desktop box. I
finally did some Googling and found where a lot of others were having
an issue with #$%& Vista being updated and having a problem with Zone
Alarm fire wall on some laptops. I have used Zone Alarm for many years
and liked it but I removed it from the laptop and started using the
Windows firewall. All of the problems went away. I am still using Zone
Alarm just fine on my Desktop box...

--
Have you hugged your horses today?

Francis Robinson