[AT] Off Topic Computer

charliehill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Wed Jan 20 06:46:36 PST 2010

Anyone ever have a problem with web pages that will not close?  Sometimes I
go to a web page and when I try to close it I get an hour glass cursor that
stays there forever.
I've clicked on close and left the machine for hours only to come back and
find that page still open.  The back button won't work, clicking on another
link on the site won't work, etc.  However I can click to open a new tab and
that page will open up, run and close.  It seems to be problematic on some
sites but not limited to those sites.

The only way I can get it to close is to click on windows task manager and
force it to close and sometimes even that doesn't work.  On a couple of
occasions I've had to shut down the computer to force it to close.

Just wondering if anyone else has ever had the problem.

Charlie