[AT] Trailer floors (was) lots of saw mills OOPS

charliehill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Wed Jan 20 06:37:56 PST 2010

I'm  sure our uncle would frown on this but good old used motor oil (burnt
cylinder oil to us southern boys) mixed with kerosene, gasoline or diesel
and painted onto a trailer deck makes pretty good wood preservative and it
helps get rid of the old oil.  It soaks in and I've never noticed that it
made the wood particularly slick either.  Part of my trailer gets a routine
oiling from leaks in equipment.

I wouldn't park the trailer next to a trash fire for a few hours after
application. grins.

Charlie