[AT] Swamp loggers

Mike Meulenberg msm10301 at juno.com
Tue Jan 19 13:44:35 PST 2010

What cracked me up the other night was how they were training the "greenhorns". This kid was a hard worker,and needed the job. His assignment was to unhook the cables from the logs after they were brought up the hill. The owner was running the crane and his son was "teaching" the rookie. Well the logs barely touched down and the son was hollering to hurry up go, go, go, like 5 seconds was going to make or break the company. So on the next turn the rookie runs in there to unhook the cables too soon and a log about takes his head off, which of course infuriated both father and son. Geeese, the kid couldn't win. Mike M