[AT] Trailer floors (was) lots of saw mills

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Tue Jan 19 11:05:27 PST 2010

I was assuming most trailer deck wood was of the treated variety or else it
would not last. The only trailer I have is the big old converted Ford truck
with 20 foot flat deck. The original planks from 1970 didn't last too long
even paiinted. About 1985 I got the joists from an old barn being
demolished, think they were fir lumber, used them for the deck planks on the
trailer. After a few paint jobs they are still solid as ever in 2010.

Ralph in Sask.