[Farmall] unknown coil thingy

cliff king crawlerman1 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 19 04:17:20 PST 2010

That's exactly what it is. It's a magnet re-charger. I have one just like it that I inherited from my late uncle the owned Pryor Truck and Tractor..just southwest of you. It operates off a 6 volt battery. What you need to go with it is the steel bars to go across the end of the magnet itself. The IHC trademark on the magnet goes into the side that connects to the postive side of the battery. Look at an F-4 magneto and you'll see what I'm talkin about. Then slide a bar across the ends and smash the push button down a couple times. Slide the bar down off the magnet..not up...and remove the magnet. Reinstall the bar until you're ready to install the magnet onto the magneto. WaaLAaa!!!! You have just figured out how to work it too.

Cliff
Fordland, Mo.
just east of Springfield.