[AT] lots of saw mills

Mike 1countryguy mdo_1 at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 18 04:27:37 PST 2010

Must be the area you are in.  Here in North Central Ohio we have a lot of mills.  Many of them are Amish run mills, but doing a lot of business.  There are always log truck running both ways on U.S rt 30.  I sometimes chuckle.........loads running east..........then loads coming from the west.

Wood is also sold weekly at all the local farm/animal auctions (fire wood) Tues at Farmerstown, Wed at Mt. Hope, Thur at Kidron, Fri at Ashland and Sat's at Wooster.

I cut a lot of tops for home and shop use>.......and sure do enjoy it with my blockbuster processor.   Yes, it is loaded out with the 4 wheel AC(840) wheel loader to my trailer, then unloaded at the shop (IH-585), and then reloaded on the wood processor powered by (MM 670 gas and sometimes the lp MM 670).  I can do about 2 cords an hour........sure beats a chain saw.

If any body on the list has an interest I would be glad to share what I know.

P.S. and thats what some farmers do with some of this old equipment in an Ohio winter.