[AT] Setback on '40 Farmall A

Al Jones farmallsupera at earthlink.net
Sun Jan 17 08:51:14 PST 2010

I went to Agri Supply yesterday and got a gallon can of PB Blaster to put
in the cylinders on my '40 A I drug home last weekend. I just got back from
filling the cylinders so they could soak. #1 didn't look too bad in there.
I was filled with cautious optimism. #2 you could see water inside. Dang.
I stuck my funnel in the plug hole and put about half the can of PB in
there to try and flush out the water.

The other cylinders didn't look too bad. They're all full of PB now. I was
so hoping that maybe the rings were just stuck a little bit, but I am
afraid #2 is in pretty bad shape. Gonna let her soak a while and see what
happens. I am afraid I'll be putting new sleeves and pistons in before it
runs.

I have aspirations of making this one run again "ALL BY MYSELF."  Hopefully
I'm not getting in too deep.....

Al Jones