[AT] Aftermarket Goodies $$$$

Indiana Robinson robinson46176 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 14:21:37 PST 2010

On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 4:29 PM,  <drupert at seanet.com> wrote:
> Before Christmas Farmer brought up the subject of aftermarket Overdrives.
> Sherman, M&W, Behlen and Heisler were discussed.  This post is not on the
> subject of overdrives but it is on another aftermarket goodie and that is
> a Heisler Manifold and two Barrell Carb for the Farmall M.  The ebay
> seller says it has a crack in the Manifold but nonetheless, with still 4
> hours to go, it is at the $900 mark.  Goodness, shouldn't a whole Farmall
> M be included with the auction at that price -
>

> See ebay no: 300384050771
>
> Dudley

=======================================

My hands started shaking just at the thought of putting around a grand
in an old cracked manifold.
:-)
I did run my 1952 Plymouth with a Ford flat-head Holly 2 barrel carb
but I think I only paid about $8 for the adapter.
:-)
I tend to like good aftermarket items. That does not generally extend
to stuff like barn wood battery boxes and tin can hood patches but
about anything well done is cool.
I sold a few add-on steps at one time.
I would like to make a full width platform for my Case VAC and make it
so that the passenger is safe from the rear tires etc. Some of those
things I see scare me a little.
This reminds me of an incident I saw at the local show some years ago.
Some fool, yes I said fool, had a nice box on the back of a small
Farmall (might have been a B). The fool part came about when he
unloaded it off of his trailer and allowed a couple of his
grandchildren (pretty small) into the box before unloading it. He had
parked odd and the box and extended hitch hit the ground as he backed
off of the trailer (way too fast). The hitch dug into the ground and
the box hit the dirt. It all stopped very quickly throwing the kids
hard against the back. He didn't hit the clutch for some reason and
the spinning rear tires kicked one ramp out and I thought the whole
mess was going to turn over... It is one thing to ride in a box
putting gently around the grounds and quite another to put kids in
harms way while loading and unloading. Loading and unloading calls for
100% attention to your actions and should involve as few people as
possible.
-
Back ti after market goodies... What is your favorite after market goodie???

--
Have you hugged your horses today?

Francis Robinson
aka "farmer"