[AT] Greg E, Gene D or anybody - VAC HP bump-up question.

Easley, Greg EasleyG at health.missouri.edu
Tue Jan 12 05:58:42 PST 2010

Mine was making an honest 33hp with the overbore kit, lots of head work, carb work,
governor mods, G159 cam, etc. - pretty much anything that could be done short of
stroking the crankshaft.

The 207 will fit with a lot of work.  It bolts on in front, but it does not match the
VAC bellhousing.  The crankcase has to be re-drilled to make it fit. There's a lot more
than 34hp to be had from that one.

The G148 crankshaft will fit with minor machining and adds .25" stroke.

I'll have mine back together one of these days.  Waiting on the machine shop to finish
a stroker crank.  It will be 3.875"x5.125" (242cid) in the G124 crankcase.

It should be a nasty little beast when it's done.

Greg
http://www.casemanaugie.com