[AT] OT Heat wave

Ken Knierim ken.knierim at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 06:40:08 PST 2010

On Mon, Jan 11, 2010 at 6:39 PM, Gene Waugh <GWaugh at wowway.com> wrote:

> Dean, I lived out thatta way for about 15 years, almost all up in
> Flagstaff and Pinetop-Lakeside---never could take that Valley heat!!!
>

> Gene
>
> Dean Van Peursem wrote:
> > Having it a bit cool here too. 73 degree F high today but expected to be
> 74 degree F tomorrow. Hope
> > it warms up soon.
> >
> > Dean Van Peursem
> > Apache Junction, AZ

Heat, cold, it all means you spend more time indoors (fighting cabin fever)
or elsewhere, like Dean does. Arizona's economy (what little is left right
now) relies on "Snowbirds" coming down for the winter.

My folks in Montana love to come down in winter for a couple weeks to thaw
out. They've been here a couple days. I like to go up there during haying or
harvest season and help out and cool off. Their "hot" weather doesn't bother
me that much anymore, for some reason. :)

This weather certainly isn't for everyone. And if you don't have A/C it can
be downright life-threatening.

Rule of summer driving in AZ: the person with the windows down and the red,
sweaty face has the right of way. :)

Ken in AZ