[Farmall] What followed me home today

Ben Wagner ben at olde-books.com
Sun Jan 10 14:15:02 PST 2010

Al;

Looks like you have a project!  I happen to be a Farmall A lover myself with
a 1948 Super A.  My Great-Grandfather owned a crank start A in the 1940's.
My grandfather, now in his 70's, remembers pulling it in gear with the
family's other tractor (Oliver 70) to start it.  He loved to hear it "loud"
so my great-grandfather would remove the muffler to let the full roar come
out.  Maybe that's why he can't hear...!  I would just love to find both the
A and the 70, but they were both sold with the farm.  So I had to succumb
and make do with a Super A!

Enjoy restoring this jewel.  I am excited for you!

BTW, how do you crank start an engine?  I have heard some stories on men
breaking arms while starting their tractors!

Ben Wagner
Proud owner of a 1948 Super A