[AT] toy tractors

Larry Goss rlgoss at insightbb.com
Sat Jan 9 13:52:05 PST 2010

I don't have any Franklin Mint items, but I do have a modest collection that I accumulated over 60 years -- a little of everything, wood, cast iron, plastic, tin, Arcade, Ertl, Scale Model, etc.  When the prices got to the point that I could buy an actual running tractor that would actually do something for the same m0oney, that's when I switched over to the real thing.  But it's time to divest myself of the farm toy collection.  None of my kids or grandkids have the space or desire to keep and maintain what I have.  I'll probably haul it all off to an auction house this winter.

I sold all my Hubley cars a couple of years ago, and got rid of all the HO train items at about the same time.  I may liquidate the toy tractors  "a scale at a time" 1/64th, 1/32nd, 1/16, etc.  If anyone is looking for something in particular, let me know.  The Arcade items start in the late 1930's.  The modern items start with Fred Ertl's original John Deere A with integral driver (post WWII).

Larry