[AT] O.T. 7.3L Ford Diesel

Steve W. falcon at telenet.net
Thu Jan 7 08:01:00 PST 2010

Steve Sewell wrote:

>> That new Ford 6.7 looks to be a piece of work. Aluminum heads, oddball
>> twin compressor turbo, compressed iron block, reversed intake/exhaust
>> layout. High pressure direct injection. Time will tell but I won't hold
>> my breath. Oh and because of the new design, the E series will only have
>> the V8 or V10 gas engines.
>>
>> --
>> Steve W.
>

> WOW! Not in the E series. I would think that would cut their share of the
> FD and EMS sales quite a bit?
>
> - steve

Yeah it isn't helping them. From what I gather from a couple builders
the E series engine bay isn't large enough for the new engine. Ford is
trying to push folks over to F series chassis, the problem then becomes
the vehicle length and turning radius. You lose a LOT with the F Chassis.

Ford claims they will sort it out.

--
Steve W.