[AT] O.T. 7.3L Ford Diesel

Steve Sewell sewell at ohio.edu
Wed Jan 6 20:35:32 PST 2010

--On Wednesday, January 06, 2010 14:50 -0700 Dean Van Peursem
<deanvp at att.net> wrote:

> Paul,
>
> I'm pulling a 38' 5th wheel with a 2003 Ford F250 with the 7.3L diesel
> engine. The last year they were sold. Now have about 100,000 miles on the
> truck and it would take an act of congress for me to change to a Ford 6.0
> or 6.4L engine.

Ditto. Except  mine is an 02 F350

 Ford is coming out with a new diesel engine in the 2011
> Ford F series trucks, a 6.7L diesel engine, all Ford designed and
> manufactured in Mexico. The International relationship is over on Diesel
> engines. About 2012 we should know how good of an engine it is.

That's my thought also. Let someone else try it out. Like Joe I don't think
my body will last to put 500,000 K on it. Too much salt on the mid-western
roads

> Drivers pulling RV's for a living/hobby, are looking for older 7.3 with
> less  than 200,000 on them for their next truck.  My mileage was low man
> on the  pole one day in at the Ford dealer, top guy had over 800,000.
> Paul - 46555

Paul: Is that mileage and your 600,000 + with the original engine?? Also
what type and how many transmissions and/or clutches?

- Steve

Steve Sewell
Albany, Ohio USA
sewell at ohio.edu