[AT] O.T. 7.3L Ford Diesel

Dean Van Peursem deanvp at att.net
Wed Jan 6 13:50:58 PST 2010

Paul,

I'm pulling a 38' 5th wheel with a 2003 Ford F250 with the 7.3L diesel engine. The last year they
were sold. Now have about 100,000 miles on the truck and it would take an act of congress for me to
change to a Ford 6.0 or 6.4L engine. Ford is coming out with a new diesel engine in the 2011 Ford F
series trucks, a 6.7L diesel engine, all Ford designed and manufactured in Mexico. The International
relationship is over on Diesel engines. About 2012 we should know how good of an engine it is.

PS: In 2003 Ford dealers were giving away the 7.3L based trucks because everybody wanted the new
6.0L engine. Now the used 7.3L diesel based trucks sell for quite a premium over the 6.0 or 6.4L
trucks.

Dean Van Peursem
Apache Junction, AZ

If we take the time to count our blessings we don't have time to complain.