[AT] Spam> Re: Spam> bearing cross-reference

Larry Goss rlgoss at insightbb.com
Wed Jan 6 12:00:09 PST 2010

LOL!  I heard this argument (and others) for years from my students.  When push came to shove, I found that when they came into college, they didn't REALLY know any measurement system at all.  Too often, they were just like Jay Leno's "Jaywalking" contestants.  I ended up using the metric system in drafting classes exclusively for better than 20 years.

Almost nothing in our world is manufactured acording to the inch system.  It's all metric, and has been for many years.  The only discipline I find that steadfastly contunues to insist on inch measurements is the construction industry.  But even there, the standards for specifying dimension lumber and sheet goods is all metric -- even though it's labeled in inches.

Let the flames begin.

Larry