[AT] Case DH front rims

Ken Knierim ken.knierim at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 07:45:54 PST 2010

On Tue, Jan 5, 2010 at 8:36 AM, Mark Greer <markagreer at embarqmail.com>wrote:

> Ken,
> I have a Case-IH 2WD Tractors parts catalog on CD that lists a DH model.
> This is the one that the dealers used a little over 10 years ago. I can fax
> you some pages on the front axles if it might help. They do have three
> different Case D parts books based on serial number breaks so a s/n might
> help me find the right ones to send.
> Mark

The DH was only made in the serial number block "prior to Serial Number
4511994" to the best of my knowledge. This is the early version of the D's
as they made a number of improvements after that. The serial number on this
particular tractor is 4400925, built Dec 19, 1939. Remarks on the build
sheet appears to read
wf B1166-aa - 2215aa wheels
wf 6.00 X 16" front and 10-38 4 ply rear Goodyear tires and tubes

Interestingly enough the photocopy has the next DH (S/N 4400926) on it with:
wf B1166-aa - a1343aa wheels
wf 6.00 X 16" front and 10.00 X 36 rear Goodyear tires and tubes

I'm reading this to mean that the B1166-aa wheels are the fronts but cannot
find them in my parts book. It's probably the whole wheel assembly from the
spindle out, from what I've seen in the book.

There are 2 later series after that but this is the first bunch. If the
pages have any sort of dimensions or something that can help me find a rim
from something else that would fit I'd sure like to see them.

Thanks!

Ken in AZ