[AT] Spam> Re: Spam> bearing cross-reference

charliehill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Wed Jan 6 04:16:28 PST 2010

Mattias, the reason folks here are so resistant to metric is that everything
we have is in the english system and the coversions are hard to do.  Once
you start to work in Metric it is much easier to use and gets exponentially
easier once you get into things like physics and have to deal with mass
units and that pesky little fellow called gravity.  Folks in the US that
have to deal with higher math and science don't mind Metric one bit.  The
objection is from folks who only deal with every day things like weight and
measure.  Then working between the two systems is awkward and since all of
our stuff is in the English system we have to do the conversions.   If we
could just start out tomorrow morning in Metric it wouldn't be a big deal
but we still have all of that English stuff laying around to deal with,
.............like our old tractors.

Are you aware that the size of the solid rocket boosters on the space
shuttle are based on the width of a Roman war horses hind end?

Charlie